2.01.2012

January Favourite Products!

Hello My Beautiful Readers :) 


Happy February! Can't believe I'm saying that!! Christmas was like yesterday ... and I haven't seen January pass by! January was quite a simple month for me ... I haven't been out a lot except for school and simple casual outings on Saturday nights. I needed a rest after all that Christmas spirit I guess, and prepare myself for these exams I'm dealing with at the moment. 
However I still have some new products that I have been loving and constantly using during this whole month, and would like to share with you my opinion about them. I had my January Delights post last week with things I'm excited about, but it did not include any products, go take a look at that too if you've missed it :)  This is my first monthly favourite and I will do this for every month of this year if you find it interesting, so let me know what you think :)


The Body Shop Tea Tree Blotting Tissues. They're life savers when you have oily skin which you cannot control, like I do. These soak up excess oil instantly without removing makeup, and leave a matte finish. Try blotting your face with a tissue.. and then use these... You'll see how much more oil these blotting tissues soak up and that with normal tissue papers haven't been removed!! 

The best concealer ever used! Just one swipe of this and bye bye dark circles! I have become an expert about sleepless nights during this month, but the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Concealer hides my morning dark circles perfectly :) 

Essence I<3 Stage Eyeshadow Base (Eye Primer)... this baby saves my day, everyday. I have really oily eyelids, and not just oily, they are really thin and nearly transparent. So after I apply my foundation, I use this and it stays on for a whole day, It keeps eyeshadows on without any creasing, but I also use it for everyday use when I have no eyeshadows on. I used to apply concealer, but I think its texture is too thick for eyelids, but very few product of this one gives a perfect natural look. I really recommend this!


The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm, with a really nice smell (almost good to eat). I started using it because I had one which you had to use your finger to apply it, and that used to irritate me, it is much more convenient in a chap stick, and I must say that it works pretty well too.. dry lips bye bye :) 

I mean it when I say... this is the best pencil eyeliner I have ever tried! I had forgotten about pencil eyeliners because I wasn't getting the results I wanted with any liners of any brands... so I had turned to using gel and liquid eyeliners ... (which I still find really good) But for everyday use I prefer using this one.. Revlon Grow Luscious Lashliner. It is very very very pigmented and once it dries, it stays on for a whole day and does not smudge. 

This Body Shop four sided nail file does miracles!! I had no idea such thing existed! it has four simple steps... 1. (black) FILE NAIL, 2. (lime) REMOVE RIDGES, 3. (grey) SMOOTH NAIL, 4. SHINE NAIL. You just go over your nail with these four sides, and it doesn't just file your nails perfectly and removes any imperfections and ridges , but also leaves them SHINY... like you've put nail hardener or something ... I cannot show you how great this is... but it really worked :) 

I hope you've found this post interesting and if you try one of these products, let me know what you think!! :) 


See you next time !! 


Much love 


Ruth x x 

8 comments:

itsawomensworld said...

Was on the look out for a good concealer....thanks for recommending this...I will definitely be trying it bcos exams have taken their toll on my dark circles!

xXMaNdAXx said...

love your January favs.. I've actually heard loads about the age rewind concealer.. would love to grab one as currently i'm using the nyx concealer in a jar..which is ok..but i'm not over the moon about it so I need a change ;) xx

itsawomensworld said...

OMG the 4 side nail thing is really really gr8.It makes miracles :)

Ruth Scicluna said...

it really does ! i love it :)

Ruth Scicluna said...

thankyou :) i hope you will like it :)

Ruth Scicluna said...

you should try it :) i hope you'll like it :)

Carmen Coello said...

FRom blog to blog I just found yours and really loved it! I have already become your follower! I will be around here so often!I leave you my blog!hope you like it and support me aswell! BEst wishes!
CAmi

Room on the third floor

Ruth Scicluna said...

Thankyou so much :D I will support you as well of course :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...